WINNERS OF THE YORK ABA LEAGUE FIRST DIVISION
- Formed in 1936 known as the L.N.E.R. Wagon Works Bowling Club and made members of York Amateur Bowling Association and the Yorkshire English Bowling Association League.
- In 1943 the Wagon Works Club joined the Carriage Works Club at our present site.
- The Carriage Works becoming the Railway Institute A’ team the Wagon Works becoming Railway Institute ‘B’ team.
- In 1968 the Railway Institute A’ team became R.I. Amateurs and Railway Institute ‘B’ team became R.I. Corinthians.
YORK RI CORINTHIANS BOWLS TEAM WIN YABA FIRST DIVISION CHAMPIONSHIP 2019
- York RI Corinthians won the York Amateur Bowling Association First Divisional Championship with 113 points winning 15 games and losing 3 games, this is the first time in their 84 years history this has been achieved
- In the National Competition - Club Two Fours Corinthians won our first round game beating North Duffield 48 - 42, in the 2nd round Corinthians lost to Holgate WMC 35 – 36
- York Amateur Bowling Association Triples Runners up - M Bulmer, A Brookes and C King.
- York Amateur Bowling Association Pairs Winners - M Bulmer and P Riley
- Y.A.B.A. Fours Winners - A Brookes, N Macdonald, M Bulmer and C King
- Super Sevens Runners up Holgate WMC
- York Open Pairs Winners - A. Brookes and C King
- In the season 2018 the Corinthians finished as runners up with 115 points winning 16 games and losing 4 games.
- In the same season winning the Williamson Cup yet again this was the first time in the history of the Corinthians.
- The Corinthians captain Dave Preece has put this down to having a consistent team over the past few years and encouraging young players to join the Corinthians.